Hosted by InlineSkateMpls.com
The Minnesota Inline Grand Prix Series is a fun and friendly way to compare yourself to other skaters. The Grand Prix seeks to maintain and increase participation in the sport of inline speed skating. The Grand Prix is FREE (though registration to the individual races are separate from the series).
2013 Minnesota Inline Grand Prix Events:
March 9th (Saturday) Metrodome Inline Marathon, Half Marathon and Team Time Trial Minneapolis, MN
June ___ (Sunday) Grand Old Day On The Go 8K St. Paul, MN
June 15th (Saturday) Apostle Islands Inline Marathon Madeline Island, WI
June ___ (Saturday) Roll for the Roses 10K Roseville, MN
July 20-21 (Sunday) Chicagoland Inline Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K and Tour Hoffman Estates, IL.
August 3rd (Saturday) Minnesota Half Marathon St. Paul, MN
August 24th (Saturday) Rollin’ on the River Inline Marathon Grand Forks, ND
September 14th (Saturday) Northshore Inline Marathon and Half Marathon Duluth, MN
How the series works:
1. The Minnesota Inline Grand Prix (MIGP) series is free. Money is not exchanged or distributed in any way, nor is money earned from this series.
2. This series is independent of the races, and the races are independent of the series. Being in the MIGP series does not include entry into any race in the series.
3. You do not need to register for the MIGP series; if you participate in one of the above races, you may be in the series.
- Marathon: Points are awarded based on an event’s official times (to the extent they are deemed accurate). The first place MIGP skater in each race will score 1,000 points. All others earn points based upon the percentage of time back of the first place finisher. Points are awarded without regard to age division or sex.
- Half Marathon, 10k, and shorter: Skaters score according to their finish place out of all racers. The first MIGP skater in each race will score 1,000 points. All others will score based upon the percentile in which the MIGP skaters finish such that the middle finisher will score 500 points. The MIGP will presume a minimum of 75 entrants. Points are awarded without regard to age division or sex.
- Only a skate’s 5 highest event scores will count. Anyone racing in 5 or fewer races will have all of their scores included. Skaters who have not completed three events by August 1st may be dropped from the MIGP.
- Total scores are tallied and ranked within age divisions for each sex. Skaters do not change age divisions (or sex) during the year.
- Age groups for both males and females are: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+. In order for an age group to be ranked in the standings, it must have at least two participants, and each participant must complete 4 events.
- Participants will be vying for the honor of being identified as the best and to make the prestigious Top 25.
5. While some events have both full & half marathons, only the longest event will be counted in the Grand Prix totals.
6. AF Rule: In the event more than one skater finishes the Grand Prix season with a total of 5,000 points, the following tie breakers will decide the overall winner: The skater with the Most Race Wins; if there is still a tie then: Of each skaters five scores that are counted toward each skaters 5,000 point total, the skater with the lowest total amount of time behind the winner will be declared champion. (Remember in a marathon more than one skater can score 1000 points). If there is still a tie then Co-Champions are declared.
7. CE Rule: participants have two weeks from the posting of an event’s MIGP scores or the posting of final MIGP totals to contest results. After two weeks results are deemed final.
8. Obligatory legal clause: All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. All information on this site is subject to applicable copyright, trademark, and related intellectual property rights and may not be copied, used, taken, or otherwise infringed. Inlineskatempls reserves the right to modify the rules as need. All decisions by Inlineskatempls, LLC are final.
- 2012 MN Inline Grand Prix Final Standings
- 2011 MN Inline Grand Prix Final Standings
- 2010 MN Inline Grand Prix Final Standings
- 2009 MN Inline Grand Prix Final Standings
- 2008 MN Inline Grand Prix Final Standings